Drug Replacement Therapy (DRT)
- Clean Time / White key tag
- Is a person in a Drug Replacement Therapy program, for example taking Methadone or Suboxone, clean?
- Members displaying side effects
- Members may display slurred speech, nod off or show no awareness of the topic.
- Should Members on DRT Chair Meeting?
- Should Members on DRT hold service positions?
- Acceptance “That NO ADDICT seeking recovery need ever die
- Tradition Three “The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using. Who are we to judge someone else’s desire.
- Empathy “Try and put yourself in their shoes. The courts have mandated NA meetings to some members.
- Have an experienced member take them outside for fresh air, a smoke or to the bathroom, etc. where they can chat one-on-one.
- Limit sharing and participation “Add to the preamble, that if you have used today do not share but never stop someone if they want to.
Drug Replacement Therapy (DRT) – Spiritual Principles
Tradition Three, Acceptance, Empathy, Patience, Tolerance, Understanding, Anonymity